Friday, November 19, 2010

Best news I've had all week

Boston is a no-go.. My insurance wont cover anything for me up there, and the process seemed so long and hard, so we decided if you cant have one great hospital you could always look for another, and God heard my prayers and we found it!!

Presbyterian Hospital :) ... ran by U.Columbia ... When my boyfriend told me he had everything almost set up to go to this new hospital I could not believe it, It is one of the Top 10 hospitals for Cardiac Surgery. Words don't do justice to explain how blessed I feel. I'm waiting on my papers to be transferred so I could make an appointment with one of the surgeons, the nurse was so nice and sympathetic and she was so excited to hear that I was switching over because she reassured me so much that Samuel will be in Great hands. I hope to get an appointment next week because I have to go back upstate to finish school up in Buffalo (did i mention its an 8hr drive, jeez i dreaded every appointment I had to come back home for because of it) .. I CANT WAIIIT :)

Oh Yeah... I can't wait for Thanksgiving dinner since it will be Samuel's first thanksgiving dinner, I feel  like it counts since he's going to eat whatever mommy will be having :D hehe.. I love being pregnant, minus the heartburn- that I can live without...

2 comments:

  1. Hi Carlen ... glad you found me :) I'm a 28 year survivor of Congenital Heart Defects ... I have Pulmonary Stenosis, Single Ventricle, and Transposition of the Great Arteries (don't worry soon it won't sound like a foreign language) ... I was pregnant about a year ago and my daughter wad diagnosed with CHD too ... I don't know if it was my body that couldn't hold her in long enough or what (not trying to scare you just introducing myself) but she was born too early ... I know this all must seem overwhelming but you have a lot of people who will be supporting you in the CHD world ... if you have any questions or just want to talk I'm always here :) dcheartgirl@yahoo.com is my email and feel free to use it anytime!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy to hear you found a hospital you are comfortable with. That will make all the difference once your little man arrives. Always keeping you in our thoughts and prayers!
    ((((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete