Friday, November 12, 2010

The Sorta begining

Just to catch up .. i was 19wks when I had my anatomy scan, i found out i was having a boy (yay), the excitement was short lived when i realized that the ultrasound was sorta dragging. The woman who was doing my ultrasound leaves and a few min later a doctor walks in. He looks and looks and looks at this heart, eventually he broke the new to me and my boyfriend, He has Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome.

At the time i didnt realize how bad it was until the doctor started explaining it, His left side of his heart had failed to develop and with out medical intervention babies will die within days. To make a long story short he will need 3 rounds of heart surgery to help his heart function as normal as possible.

 I was scared and sad at first but now i am strong and excited to be almost meeting him. Since that day i have Ultrasounds regularly as well as echos every month, the doctors are just hoping his lungs dont get damaged and that hes nice and big n plump :)

This is my journey <3 with my amazing boy

No comments:

Post a Comment