Saturday, December 18, 2010

and the verdic is...

Samuel weighed in at 6poumds 10oz at 35.6wks :) pretty good growth, I'm proud of my fattie, and so are the doctors.

The cardiologist did finally tell me that I will have a cesarean, wack! but he said it's whats best because he's getting restricted blood flow from the left to right side, plus the leaky valve he's just not comfortable letting him come on his own, which is okay cause neither was I. So he's going to be born and then straight to the cath lab. I just worry so much about his leaky pulmonary valve -_-, :( why'd it have to be leaking... Soon I'll have the tour of the hospital and he's going to work on setting a date, he said sometime after 39 wks, but i don't know if Samuel is going to wait that long, I guess we'll see.

Everyone is asking me if I'm nervous because of his heart n the surgery and I am a little, I'm more anxious to just finally meet my booger, and see him and hopefully hold him eventually. so much to think about, and such little time left to prepare myself for all this.

3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Carlen ... he is a fatty baby and for a CHDer that is GREAT!! I only weighed 4 pounds 8 ounces and my mom didn't even get as far along as you are :) SOOOO GOOOD JOB SAMUEL staying in there! I know that this is all so scary but I think you are doing a wonderful prep job, touring the hospital will help you ease your mind a little bit, and knowing how everything is going is a great prep tool ... Best of Luck and I can't wait til you post a blog about him being born ... if you have a facebook please ADD ME ... I'd love to see pics of him!!! <3 Love to you honey!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carlen, just want to let you know that I'm thinking of you and praying for you and sweet Samuel as his due date draws closer. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas...cherish time with that little one this season before he makes his big appearance! :)
    Love and hugs to you,

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Give me your recipe to making babies fat :)

    ReplyDelete