Wednesday, December 29, 2010

quick update

I had sooo many appointments today, but I survived through them. I met the NICU people and he got his heart checked again, and it seems as though the passage between the right and left side has become way too narrow which is why his pulmonary valve was leaking because his right side is under too much pressure so the blood isn't being pumped right so its backed up and leaks out, so they are worried about him. He's going to be born via C-section January 10th :) woohoo, He is very high risk which does make me very nervous but I have so much faith that God will answer my prayers and make my Samuel an amazing fighter. Right after he is born he'll get his IV's put on and oxygen to breath for him and then he will get a Cath to open up that little hole so that the pressure comes off the right side thus eventually the valve will stop leaking. Then after the Cath he'll be stablelized and taken to the PICU (all of this will be done at Children's btw), then the surgery will be planned :). UGH .. so much STUFF but it does make me feel stable to know the plan.

Now for the MOST AWESOME NEWS IN THE WORLD. At 37.3wks he came in weighing in approx. at 8pounds 14oz.. ALMOST 9POUNNDS!!!.. :) im so proud of him, I LOVE my chubbs <3 sooo much..

4 comments:

  1. Such good news (about chubbs), Carlen! All of those appointments can be overwhelming, but good in the long run so you know there's a plan going into it all. Praying for you and sweet Samuel through the upcoming days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is good ... the bigger the better ;) I'm so glad you have a "game plan" Carlen ... I will continue to pray for you and him of course ... I'm always here for you both!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. So great about his weight! My Caleb was 9 pounds 3.6 ounces born at 39 weeks. :) GO SAMUEL!!!

    ReplyDelete